That funky squash with a twist- it cooks up like spaghetti! To begin, cut your medium squash in half lengthwise, and scoop out the insides JUST like a pumpkin. Bake at 375 degrees with a tab of butter, salt and pepper for 30-40 minutes or until the flesh shreds with a fork.
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup each: finely chopped red bell pepper, celery, white onion
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup grated parmigiano
- 1/4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/2 stick of butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Saute vegetables in 1/2 of your butter, on medium-low until caramelized.
- Add nutmeg, remaining butter, flour and 1/2 of your parmigiano
- Add heavy cream
- Add “spaghetti” strands from your pre-baked squash
- Transfer to baking dish and sprinkle with remaining parmigiano and breadcrumbs
- Cut remaining butter into small chunks (like a dime) and put across top
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes