Smothered Cajun Salmon Ingredients
Spice Rub- Make a lot and save!
- 3/4 cup salt
- 1/4 cup ground cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons ground white pepper
- 2 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 inch cubed, boiled potatoes
- 1/2 red onion caramelized
- 1 c creme
- 1 handful shredded Gruyere
- 1/4 c chopped green onion or chive
Fish and Smother
- 6 oz. cuts of salmon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 c chicken broth
- Sliced Red Bell pepper, zucchini, and baby spinach
- Rub spice mixture onto salmon
- Cover and sit in fridge for 30 minutes while you make potatoes
- Add 2 tbsp olive oil to frying pan and cook fish on 5 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Remove from pan, and add pepper and zucchini
- Cook on medium heat until softened, and add spinach
- Toss until wilted and remove veg from pan
- De-glaze pan with chicken broth and bring to a boil
- add a pad of butter and remove from heat.
- Put it together pretty!